LOGISTIC MANAGER / PLANNER
· Works in conjunction with the Loading Dock, Production and Customer Service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
· Manage carrier group to ensure top service level.
· Assures carriers adhere to the dock schedule.
· Negotiate carrier rates, establish a core carrier group and is accountable for actual freight cost.
· Oversee carrier compliance to federal and state standards
· Develop logistic relationships and partners with Production and Customer Service to ensure customer orders and needs are met according to plan.
· Completes and runs company required reports to monitor metrics and opportunities
· Oversee Shipping and Receiving department including training, evaluation, and enhancing their performance,
II. FREEZER PLANNING
· Responsible for freezer inventory.
· Process, track and maintain orders.
· Manage and facilitate frozen product throughout the production cycle, including production scheduling in collaboration with customer service and production.
· Prioritized production schedules and materials requirements plans for frozen products.
· Manage and improve efficiency of current processes, develop new processes to achieve desired service levels, inventory and performance
· Communicate with employees to ensure procedures are followed and new approved processes and/or procedures are implemented on a timely basis.
Key qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain preferred.
· Position requires at least 5 years' experience operating a logistics department or managing shipping & receiving.
· Prior experience in the food and beverage industry preferred
· Strong computer skills; experience with MRP; Logistic Management System preferred.
· Knowledge of safety processes and guidelines.
· Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
· Excellent follow-up skills with a customer focused approach
· Detail oriented, flexible, and has experience with expediting orders.
· Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
· Ability to think independently and take responsibility for decisions.
· Must also have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent opportunity with a competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. Comprehensive benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and 401(k) with 5% employer match, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacation.
We recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.